Saturday, February 16, 2013

Warning: Beginning Blogger Ahead...


I have been avoiding like the plague beginning this blog because, well, I envision myself being a rather pathetic blogger. I realize that blogging is probably already outdated for most of my friends, but to me this is cutting edge, something that I am...well...not (the fanciest thing my phone can do is text, I still wear shirts and comfy sweat pants that I wore in high school, and my nose is always stuck in a book because I can never remember how to add a new book to my Kindle). However, no matter how pathetic a blogger I may turn out to be (is anyone even still reading beyond this point?), it can't be worse than the "Coming Soon!" that was the sole occupier of this page.
"...I'll gladly share all of my victories and defeats in this tough
journey of trying to raise two women of God."

So, what in the world am I going to write about? This section of our blog is meant to compliment the portion that my sweet husband writes about our work. While Jared's posts will discuss our ministry and theological (but practical) topics, I get to write about more important things like changing diapers, getting gum out of hair, and mastering the art of completing a graduate program during naptime. So, yes, this will be a place for me to share about our family.

Although I will spend (probably too many and too mundane) posts simply updating you on us, I also want this blog to be helpful. When I know what I mean by that I'll let you know. Most stay-at-home Moms blog about crocheting a three-bedroom tent, cooking a five star meal using only five blades of grass and a bubblegum flavored snow cone, how to prepare a sack lunch that includes food that is not only healthy, but also all cut into heart shapes, and, basically, how to be a Super Mom (and if that's not enough, that 3-letter insignia shows up everywhere just to rub it in even more that they did it all by themselves...DIY)! Well, if that is what you are looking for in this blog, look elsewhere (I really do love those blogs, so I'll recommend a few good ones to you :). My cooking is average, and most of my DIY projects will never be anything more than a "pin" stuck in the bottomless pit of my pinterest boards. But, I do put every effort into being a fantastic Mom for my precious girls. If it is helpful to anyone I'll gladly share all of my victories and defeats in this tough journey of attempting to raise two women of God. And if a crafty post ever happens to sneak in, you better pay attention because it's gonna be good!

And since I'm positive you are now sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation of the next post...I'll give you a sneak peak...It involves a golden scepter and undergarments...

1 comment: