Friday, July 26, 2013

Sydney's Fourth Birthday

Lasterday we had the joy of celebrating four years with our sweet Sydney. It is quite a conundrum that some days with the girls seem to drag on and on, and I find myself asking, "Will bedtime ever come?" But at the same time, the years go by in the blink of an eye. I wonder if I can somehow switch those two so that those rough days go by in an instant while I get to savor these precious years.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, even with my mediocre picture taking skills, so I'll let those tell most of the story. Let me just set the stage by saying we have been blessed with so many friends in each place we've lived. The problems with that blessing here in Nashville, however, were trying squeeze all those friends in our apartment and hosting a princess party for boys. Luckily Sydney made a new friend in Molly Jane just a few weeks before the party, so we were able to have one other princess come to the party, other than that it was all boys. So, of course, we slayed a dragon...


Birthday Princess 
After one sweet pose she felt the need to pose as the brave princess that she is






Slaying the dragon





Getting the goods

Look at that face; she was so excited for her princess cake


BFFs




Trying out the bike Grandpa and Grandma King got the birthday girl

1 comment: